The schedule for the NT seminars at Durham has been posted. If you are in or around Durham, or perhaps planning a visit, take note of these speakers and dates. I noticed that several of these papers are previews of the same topics to be presented at SBL in Nov. Eddie Adams is technically the only one on the list not a ‘Durhamite’, but it is a truly fine list of speakers in any case.
- 15 October 2007 00:00: The Hermeneutics of Salvation: Paul, Isaiah and the Servant – Professor Francis Watson
- 22 October 2007 00:00: Am I not a Man and a Brother? The Bible and the British Anti-Slavery Campaign – Professor John Barclay
- 29 October 2007: Paul’s Body Talk – Dr. Eddie Adams, King’s College, London
- 5 November 2007: Who were the Hellenists and what did they contribute to the beginnings of Christianity? – Professor J.D.G. Dunn
- 12 November 2007: Does the Early Enoch Literature Represent a Judaism that is in Tension with the Mosaic Torah? – Professor Loren Stuckenbruck
- 26 November 2007: Johannine Christology and Jewish-Christian Dialogue – Professor Walter Moberly
- 3 December 2007: Romans 1:18ff as a Decline of Israel – Mr. Kevin Bywater