My thesis will be published by Walter de Gruyter in their BZNW series. I just got word yesterday!
This is very exciting, as they are very professional and come highly recommended. Here were the main factors for me to consider in choosing a publisher: I wanted
1) A german publisher because, If I choose to apply for a German von Humboldt fellowship, they like it when candidates have gone with a German verlag.
2) a german publisher because they tend to require little or no corrections (other than typos) and require no limiting of pages (at this point, I want to move on to other projects rather than fine tune my thesis).
3) a nice-looking book. While I like the content in, let’s say, Mohr Siebeck’s work, I think the WUNT II books are very austere and bland in appearance. BZNW, though, is “handsome,” as one person remarked.
4) to do something a little different. People go with WUNT and LNTS for a reason – quick, easy to work with, professional…But, I wanted not just to fade into the crowd.
5) a highly respected, international publisher – and WdG is good.